Trevena, a publicly-traded, clinical stage biopharmaceutical company located in Chesterbrook, Pennsylvania is seeking a Financial Controller. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller will be responsible for all financial reporting activities including but not limited to SEC, auditing firms, tax preparers and valuation firms. Specifically, the Controller will ensure the financial organization delivers timely financials in accordance with GAAP, ensure Trevena has adequate documented internal controls for SOX compliance and manage tax compliance. The Controller will also lead all financial planning activities at Trevena including implementation of a routine forecasting process and financial analysis for key projects.
Key Responsibilities: Include but are not limited to the following:
• Establishing policies, procedures and internal financial controls as appropriate for a public company
• In conjunction with the CFO and other team members, assume a leadership role in the design and implementation of gross-to-net for revenue recognition.
• Oversee the reporting of financial data for any government reporting
• Managing the monthly, quarterly and annual close process to report timely financial results
• Manage the forecasting process including budgeting, forecasting and implementing cost controls
• Managing our commercial banking relationship including checking; securities and debt (as appropriate)
• Financial analysis for key projects e.g. development plan forecasts, decision analysis
• Maintain NetSuite (accounting software) and lead all implementation efforts for additional modules
• Overseeing company 401K plan including operational oversight and fiduciary duties
• Facilitating valuation analyses including stock valuation and product valuations (NPV calculations)
• Designing key financial reports to support Executive Team
• Managing and providing information requests to external audit team
• Managing federal and state tax returns
• Managing stock option and other reporting requirements e.g. state annual reporting requirements
• Oversee Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and other accounting functions including the timely processing of invoices, cash receipts preparation of annual form 1099 reports, and compliance with withholding requirements for state sales and use tax and federal income tax
Submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trevena does not accept unsolicited assistance from staffing or search firms for this or any other employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by staffing or search firms to any employee at Trevena via email, the Internet, in person or in any form and/or method without a valid, written and executed search agreement in place for this position shall be deemed the sole property of Trevena and no fee or other payment shall be paid in the event that the referred candidate is hired by Trevena.
Copyright © Trevena, Inc.