Associate Director, Commercial Analytics and Strategic Planning
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Analytics & New Product Planning, the Associate Director of Commercial Analytics & Strategic Planning will contribute significantly to commercial initiatives by providing objective, in-depth analyses on current and future markets, establish key metrics and track performance for product launches, analyze the market in terms of pricing and reimbursement, and support forecasting. As a strategic partner and information resource, the incumbent will also provide appropriate advanced analytic design inputs and solutions to assist with enabling more effective and efficient customer interactions, and improving Return on Investment (ROI) on commercial strategies and tactics. The person in this role will lead the field and headquarter reporting initiatives via a range of dashboards and analytic reports. The Associate Director will also be involved in the assessment and product lifecycle planning for inline products, and assessment of indications and commercial opportunity for pipeline products.
Specifically, the Associate Director’s responsibilities include:
- Provide broad business analysis and analytical support to enable senior management to make informed, data driven decisions. Support preparation for monthly/quarter business review meetings with key commercial and executive stakeholders and other planning initiatives (e.g., annual brand planning), including with development of detailed market, brand and situational analysis, competitive assessments and insights generation. Provide objective viewpoints and recommendations to help influence decision making on brand strategy, and overall commercialization.
- Establish key performance metrics for brand that are aligned with the strategy and support the design, development and production of standard dashboards / reports.
- Provide input into segmentation and targeting analysis as well as sales force resource allocation and incentive compensation models. Design and execute analytical measurement techniques to gauge the effectiveness/ROI of promotional efforts across marketing and field force efforts.
- Analyze the market in terms of pricing and reimbursement, formulary listings, competitive landscape, trends, pricing, contracting strategies, potential barriers to provider and patient access.
- Identify, collect, and analyze information from secondary information sources; integrates primary and secondary research findings and competitive intelligence to provide actionable market insights.
- Act as point for all ad-hoc national and sub-national data analytics requests.
- Contribute to the evaluation, analysis, integration and correlation of available data sources such as primary market research, secondary market audits, competitive intelligence, 3rd party prescriptions data, 3rd party claims data, financial data, supply chain data, managed markets data; proactively research and understand limitations and advantages of alternative data sources and how these data can help answer important commercial related questions. Manage the processes for obtaining and sharing data including Third Party Agreements (TPAs).
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with vendors to provide advanced insights and analytics. Direct vendors on delivering high quality service and assure compliance with service level expectations and timelines.
- Support the development of product revenue forecast models. Maintain all updates, implement and recommend any changes to the forecasts based on current trends.
- Deliver SKU level product forecasts monthly, product level financial reviews and support development of monthly/quarterly forecasts and long-range strategic forecasts during the organization’s annual planning process
- Work collaboratively to support the development of detailed portfolio analysis, commercial assessments for pipeline products and product lifecycle planning. Research and analyze growth strategies into new markets, therapeutic areas, and geographies for expansion.
- Other responsibilities, as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES
- 10+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry related experience in commercial related roles with at least 5+ years in a commercial analytics role with product launch experience within the hospital/specialty markets.
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or other related graduate-level degree preferred.
- Extensive experiences in use and analysis of secondary data sources (e.g., IMS, Institutional Claims, etc.).
- Experience working with Veeva and with 3rd party service providers (Data Warehousing, Analytics).
- Evaluating and assessing opportunities as it relates to commercial potential.
- Experience identifying, engaging and managing external vendors in collaboration
- Experience in the development of revenue forecast models preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge and understanding of the pharmaceutical & biotech industry and acute care/hospital areas and related regulatory, commercialization and compliance requirements and regulations.
- Solid analytical skills with the demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data for strategic business recommendations.
- Effective presentations skills with the ability to effectively convey complex information to diverse audiences.
- Strong teamwork skills and the ability to collaborate well with and within diverse teams in a high performing environment.
- Advanced proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications, specifically Microsoft Excel and Power Point.
- Ability to provide references of previous work relating to analytics.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS Up to 15% domestic travel.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.