Senior Director, Medical Affairs
Reporting to the Vice President Medical Affairs, the Senior Director, Medical Affairs has responsibility for leading the development of brand medical strategy and execution of medical affairs activities that include engaging in scientific communications with KOLs and clinical experts, training and support of Field Medical Affairs teams, contributing to publication development and strategy, Advisory Boards, Congress activities, support of Phase 4 studies (including Investigator-Initiated Trials (IITs), and health economics projects.
Specifically, the Senior Director, Medical Affairs will be able to successfully accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Oversee/lead medical strategic and tactical planning for OLINVYK in the US working collaboratively with Commercial Operations, Clinical Development, Medical Information, Health Economics, and Field Medical Affairs teams (e.g., Health Economic/Medical Science Liaisons),
- Develop a cross-functional medical brand plan for OLINVYK and serve as a medical/scientific brand expert facilitating the development and implementation of, or providing support for the following broad-based initiatives:
- KOL engagement
- HE/MSL and field sales training
- Medical and scientific communications and presentations
- Advisory boards
- Medical Congress activities
- Slide library development
- Phase 4 clinical trials and IITs,
- Health economics research projects,
- Establish and foster professional relationships with KOLs and academic institutions; develop and execute Company Headquarter-based engagement plans,
- Provide clinical presentations alone or in conjunction with Health Economic/Medical Science Liaisons as needed to hospital P&T Committees and key health care decision makers (HCDMs),
- Assist with medical review of product advertising and promotional materials,
- Review and provide medical expert input into Medical Information responses (e.g., development and review of Standard Response Letters) and scientific publications,
- Observe compliance with all Trevena policies, SOPs and safety guidelines,
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Advanced scientific degree (e.g., PharmD, PhD, MD) required,
- Minimum of 5 years experience with a thorough understanding of Medical Affairs activities within the pharmaceutical industry,
- Background/experience in Acute Pain/opioid medications, hospital IV analgesic medications highly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Team leadership and/or management experience preferred,
- Must possess the ability to work across a matrix organization including: R&D, Regulatory, Legal, Commercial Operations, et cetera,
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written),
- Strong attention to detail,
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus are necessary,
- Thorough understanding of and compliance with the FDA, OIG, HIPAA, PhRMA and other regulatory/ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
OTHER PREFERRED SKILLS
- Familiarity with pain management journals, and pain medical societies,
- Basic knowledge of Health Economic models,
- Existing network of KOL contacts and relationships in acute pain therapeutic area,
- Sound computer skills including Microsoft Word, and Powerpoint,
- Understanding of Marketing concepts/strategies,
- Knowledge of the pharma marketplace and hospital selling environment,
- Familiarity with study design and statistical methodology,
- Experience working with medical, marketing and sales teams,
- Ability to operate within a rapidly changing environment, while maintaining a sense of humor, and inspiring others to collaborate effectively.
Up to 30% domestic travel
Location: Trevena headquarters office in Chesterbrook, PA
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.