Trevena, Inc. (“Trevena”) understands the importance of and is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to our collection and use of personal information through our website.
Because of our commitment to the protection of your personal information, we evaluate this Privacy Statement from time-to-time in order to implement improvements and refinements. If we make material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by means of a prominent notice on this website. Your continued use of this website indicates your agreement with the terms of any changes or revisions to this Privacy Statement.
What Information Do We Collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. We may collect and process certain personal information such as:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on the website (e.g. your name, email address, postal address, telephone number etc.)
- the content of any communications you send to us, for example to report a problem, identify concerns or offer comments regarding the website or its content; and
- information that we may collect from you offline in connection with business-related interactions with you, such as information you may provide to us at an industry event or if you contact us by telephone. Note that this Privacy Statement does not apply to information that we may collect through our clinical trials, which are governed by separate terms and agreements.
In addition, we may automatically collect basic technical information from all visitors to the website through automatic data collection tools such as “cookies” and other commonly used technologies. These tools collect certain standard information that your browser sends to the website such as your browser type and language, access times, and the address of the site from which you came to the website.
Trevena does not knowingly collect any personal information from site visitors under the age of 13.
What Do We Do With the Information That You Provide?
Subject to applicable data protection laws, we may use your personal information for the following purposes: (i) to provide you with the services and information offered through the website; (ii) to contact you and respond to your requests and inquiries; (iii) to improve the website by helping us understand who uses the website; and (iv) for fraud prevention and detection and to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We may share your personal information as required by law in order to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or government request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights or property, or the rights or property of others. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers performing services on our behalf. We may also transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or shares.
What Do We Do With Your IP Address And Cookies?
Is Your Personal Information Shared?
No, unless otherwise required by law or as noted above.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have questions about this Privacy Statement, the practices of this website, or use of our trademarks and copyrighted material, or for any other concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Addendum for the European Economic Area (EEA)
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you have several rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right at any time to request from us:
- Information about the collection and use of your personal data;
- Access to the personal data that you provide to us;
- Erasure of the personal data that you provide to us;(1)
- Rectification of the personal data that you provide to us;
- Objection to the processing of personal data;
- To not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or will significantly affect you;
- Restriction of processing concerning your personal data;
- The right to data portability of your personal data; and/or
- Your withdrawal of consent for the processing of personal data.
In these cases, please send your email request to the privacy contact listed under the 'Our Data Protection Representative for the EEA’ section. You are obliged to provide certain personal data to us, such as name and contact details, so that we can respond to the inquiry. We also may require additional information to verify your identity.
We will respond to your request within 30 days.
Our Data Protection Representative for the EEA
We have appointed a Data Protection Representative (DPR) for the EEA. Our DPR is DPO Consultancy. If you have any questions about our privacy statement, if you wish to exercise your rights or if you wish to lodge a complaint, please contact us via email@example.com or by sending mail to the following address:
5232 BB ‘s-Hertogenbosch
(1)Please note that the obligations of clinical trials legislation may impede the exercise of certain rights in order, for example, to maintain the integrity of clinical trial data