Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Senior Director/Brand Leader will have direct impact in building our commercial strategy in support of the development of our novel new product entry into the hospital marketplace. Partner with leadership to develop the overall brand commercial strategy, positioning and approach. The Senior Director will collaborate with Medical, Regulatory and Market Access partners and provide input to cross-functional planning, programs and external stakeholder management. Play key role in the development of all aspects of the brand strategy across HCP and consumer segments, with specific focus on campaign development and asset maximization. Effectively build and maintain account, KOL, HCP Programs, and incorporate brand messaging across all stakeholder groups.
Specifically, the Senior Director/Brand Leader will:
- Partner with executive leadership and others to define and develop US commercial value of brand through strategic choices and lifecycle planning, including development of US strategic plan.
- Identify key business drivers for the market development strategy through in-depth understanding of the product, pain treatment practices, customer needs and competitive trends in the hospital and pain marketplace.
- Influence the definition, design, execution and measurement of brand strategy across both HCP segments and in a range of settings of care (hospital, outpatient, ambulatory surgery centers).
- Design and lead build out of new commercial capabilities in brand, digital marketing and multiple customer facing roles, clearly identifying critical areas of work, competencies and capabilities. Collaborate with others to discover and understand the view of our customers and uncover behavior motivations relative to the brand/disease state.
- Lead pre-launch/ launch initiatives including market insight, positioning, messaging, and branding. Analyze and interpret brand opportunities on key performance indicators and providing insightful tactics on how to maximize KPIs in launch preparation.
- Contribute to clinical development and regulatory strategy by integrating market insights, KOL input and competitive intelligence. Build and maintain strong relationships with key opinion leaders. Adhere to policy within the regulatory environment with the goal of maximizing product opportunity.
- Foster strong partnerships with health economics, market access, market research, legal, corporate communications and other functional teams to ensure understanding of brand strategies and aligned objectives.
- Proactively synthesize multiple research studies, sales data and trends to generate cross functional and cross-therapeutic insights for decision making. Proactively share appropriate insights across the enterprise.
- Manage relationships with agencies, consultants, and other third party groups to maximize product opportunity.
- Other responsibilities, as necessary.
Up to 30% domestic/international travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 10+ years direct experience in commercial pharmaceutical industry including a diverse background of marketing, sales, and market access.
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business or related field (or equivalent) required.
- Direct experience in leading product launches within the specialty and hospital markets.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong ability to identify multiple potential courses of action and describe related risks of each to non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to formulate tactical and strategic recommendations to executive leadership.
- Strong personal integrity, and experience complying with company policies and pharmaceutical industry regulations.
- Ability to work effectively in a small company environment, and to grow with the company, as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing working environment.
- Positive, collaborative, hands-on work style with strong interpersonal skills.
- Entrepreneureal, innovative, and motivated.