Vice President, Health Economics and Medical Science
Reporting to the Chief Medical Officer, the Vice President, Health Economics and Medical Science has responsibility for the medical leadership and strategic direction of all activities involving Health Economics, Formulary Access, and Medical Science research activities (Investigator-Initiated Studies and Medical Education Grant review) within the Medical Affairs Department, ensuring operational excellence, integrity, and continual improvement.
Specifically, the Health Economics and Medical Science Liaison will be able to successfully accomplish the following responsibilities:
- Provide scientific data presentations to formulary committees and other key HCDMs of the health economic model and associated clinical data, and serve as the field-based face of the organization to address questions about these data.
- Work with the Vice President, Health Economics and Medical Science to assist in the design and development of communication materials to enable robust discussions of the health economic model and the value proposition for the lead product, OLINVYK, to assigned HCDMs and key health care systems.
- Possess extensive knowledge of health economic model design and analysis and be able to present complex ideas in a straightforward and understandable manner to HCDMs. Possess a deep understanding of cost-effectiveness models, budget impact models.
- Understand the content and format of product dossiers, such as the AMCP dossier, and other scientific materials, and their appropriate use to achieve formulary access. Possess a deep understanding of the landscape to ensure regulatory compliance and integrity in all interactions with HCDMs and their institutions.
- Understand the hospital reimbursement environment and the processes associated with formulary access and Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees. Seek input from relevant HCDMs on potential demonstration projects of interest.
- Identify needs, initiate and lead diverse strategic operational initiatives and re-challenge existing ones to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Maintain appropriate documentation of project plans including timelines, milestones and spending to budget.
- Collaborate with peer company colleagues in Medical Affairs, Quantitative Sciences, Nonclinical Development, CMC/Manufacturing, Business Development, and Commercial Affairs, as required, to advance potential clinical development collaborations for the lead product, OLINVYK, at key academic institutions and assist in appropriately directing these opportunities to the Company’s Investigator-Initiated Studies program.
- Establish and foster professional relationships with KOLs and other academic scientists, and related business partners, consultants and vendors.
- Foster a collaborative, motivating, innovative, problem-solving culture and mindset. Take the initiative in solving problems, not simply identifying them.
- Ensure high-quality operational execution with equal emphases on successful interpersonal communication, respect and engagement with colleagues, and scientific and strategic excellence.
- Observe compliance with all Trevena policies, SOPs and safety guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Up to 75% domestic travel.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Medical Science Liaison role, with emphasis on Health Economics outcomes research.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a an MSL role with primary emphasis on/knowledge of P&T committee processes.
- Hospital experience is strongly preferred.
- Expertise in neuroscience development and/or opioids and pain management is strongly preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- A high level of integrity and respect for others, and a strong sense of enjoyment in seeing their team succeed.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal and written) with ability to clearly communicate results, plans, issues, and risks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of health care economics and the hospital reimbursement environment.
- Ability to operate within a rapidly changing environment, while maintaining a sense of humor, and inspiring others to collaborate effectively.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.